If you are an US or UK seller on eBay, you probably come across the term global shipping program(GSP).
More than any process in the eCommerce business, shipping is what gives the seller. When sellers run small businesses and when they want to ship internationally, no need to tell the huge work involved with that.
From shipping challenges, high fees, custom handling, form filling all takes a great effort to do.
To make these processes simple, eBay introduced the global shipping program concept to help sellers to do their business internationally.
When you have a brand value food business or when you give customized products to buyers, you have to target cross border sales to increase customers’ reach. So let’s see about GSP today.
Global shipping program:
As said it facilitated international shipping easy to the sellers. Without much effort sellers can promote and sell their products globally.
With this program you can make available your products to more than 60 million people around the world.
Eligibility to Opt in Global Shipping Program:
To sell through a global shipping program sellers must meet some certain criteria. Those are
- Your eBay seller account should be above standard level or higher
- Your product must physically located in the country you registered(US or UK)
- The Item must be listed on eBay listing
- Items must match eligibility criteria based on restriction of sale in the target country, and few more restrictions.
- Must opt in to a managed payment program or otherwise should have verified paypal account to accept payment.
- The buyer’s address must be a residence address or street address. With PO. BOX address, you can send items to 11 particular countries.
- Weight and dimensions of the items must match the shipping guidelines drawn by the targeting country.
- The final price of the item without shipping and handling, must not exceed maximum allowable price. It depends on the delivery country.
- When you are listing items on auction and if the final price exceeds the allowable price for the country, then sellers have to arrange alternate shipping methods.
There is no fee to join this program. But during the process buyers and sellers are required to pay fees.
Sellers: Non-managed payment sellers, still have to pay, eBay selling fee, paypal fee, transaction fee and cross border fee.
For managed payment sellers, regular program fee and international fee apply.
Benefits of Global Shipping Program:
There are multiple benefits for sellers to use this program to expand their business globally.
- Sellers can make their product available globally in the most convenient and easy way.
The duties for sellers involved with the process is less.
Your maximum duty would be to opt in your eBay stealth account for sale with the program and send the product to the shipping center.
- During shipping if your product gets lost, damaged or broken, eBay money case guarantee program favours sellers and aged eBay account seller rating would not be affected.
- Sellers will receive 5 stars automatically to shipping cost in their detailed seller rating when you offer free domestic shipping to the shipping center with your aged ebay account.
- Even if you didn’t offer free domestic shipping and incase receives negative or neutral feedback it won’t affect your rating. To have a seller account with feedback score you can have an old stealth account with feedback.
- When shipping is handled on the same day or in 1 business day, your eBay stealth account will receive 5 star rating automatically, which will improve your overall feedback score greaty.
- There are 104 countries where you can send your products. You can expand to all the countries and tracking your items is easy.
- Buyers end, final shipping cost, taxes, and all shipping costs will be mentioned on listing, But sellers didn’t have to fill out this on their listing. It is an automatic calculation which is done on behalf of sellers by eBay.
Best practice to follow with Global Shipping Program:
To get more international buyer for your business, you can follow some things such as
- Add international return policy on your aged ebay account listing. It might be different from domestic return policy.
- Create a shipping label with your brand name and global tracking number, which will reduce confusion in buyers side while receiving your products.
- Specify the item’s weight and dimensions of the product in label of shipping and add manufacturing country details on label to fasten the custom process.
- Ship all the items of order which were received on your eBay stealth account in one single package.
- When you receive an order on your old eBay account, make sure you receive payment and only after payment receivement, release the product to ship.
- Offer free domestic shipping to get 5 star rating on your overall eBay seller account performance.
As said, when you want to expand your business globally, when you have brand value to your product or organization or when you produce a more customized product, you can use a global shipping program to expand.
To have a higher listing limit, selling limit while entering for the program buy an old ebay account for sale.
SInce it is compulsory to have a paypal payment method to opt in for the program you can buy an aged US business paypal account and aged UK business paypal account.
Whatsapp: (+1) 480 637 7566